Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Favorite and least favorite things


One of my favorite things about this online course was having the ability to work at my own pace. Even though it did require a lot of work, I was willing to put in the effort and take out time just for this class. Another thing I liked about this class is that I was able to meet new people. I didn’t think we would meet our peers because it was an online class but with the Group Facilitation project, we got together and worked on it as a team. The last thing I liked about this class was all of the information learned throughout the entire course, because I know it will benefit me in the future. One of my least favorite things about this class was having to wait 12 hours for the next post! Sometimes I just like to get things done in just one go and do everything all together. This cannot really be improved because some people actually do work better when their work is spaced out. 

4 comments:

  1. Hello Shortie,

    I think I have the exact same feelings toward this course with you. This course is flexible, so it allows me to arrange the schedule accordingly to follow the due date. This is my fourth online class and this is the first one that I get to meet my classmates. The materials we learned in this class definitely strengthened our ability as a critical thinker or other areas including writing skills. I am able to write some strong arguments in my essay after learning about arguments. What we have learned in this class really shaped us in varies areas.

    Good luck towards the end of this course!

    Thanks,
    Adrian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shortie,

    I agree with you. I liked making a blog, working at my own pace, and creating a blog. I think it is just so great that we got to do this. Agreed also on the friend part, we got to make friends through our posts. It actually surprised me on how much people cared and gave heart-felt messages. I also agree with the 12 hour posts. If she cut it in half to six hours, it would make it a lot easier on me. I would have also made the essay portions a little different also, put that is just my opinion. Anyways, good post. TTYL,

    Greek Guy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Working at my own pace was also my favorite thing about this class. As college students, we are constantly busy with school, especially if you have a job on the side. Having this online class made it easier for me to do discussions on my own time. However, I totally agree with you on having to wait 12 hours for the next post. This really takes away from being efficient and turning it early. But a good solution for that is just writing your discussions and saving it as a word file, then turning it later. Meeting new people was also fun! Specifically, the people in my group were a bunch of fun people to hang out with. Its funny seeing their blogs, and then seeing who they actually are in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you that having the twelve-hour interval for our posts would get kind of annoying sometimes. But I guess it’s also a way to make sure we really are doing them throughout the week and not just push it off on Sundays. It was good in the end because it kind of motivates you to finish it on time. I like the pacing of the class too. We knew what we had to do every week and we had ample time for the discussions. It was nice how she was considerate of our time when we had papers due and we didn’t have to do any discussions.

    ReplyDelete