Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Further Discussion



In this class I have learned a lot and I found all of the concepts learned in this course to be interesting and helpful. I know that all of the material I have learned throughout this course will help me in my future. On concept that I really enjoyed learning about was the marketing strategies and about advertisements. This was my favorite chapter because everything the book talked about was true. I had no idea about the store strategies when they try to get us customers stay longer to buy more things that they didn’t plan on buying in the first place. Before reading this chapter I had no idea this took place, however, when I think about it now, I realize that their strategy does work, because in the end I do end up buying something I didn’t plan for. I learned a lot of new information about marketing and advertisements through this chapter. 

2 comments:

  1. I also enjoyed the topics of marketing strategies and advertisements. I believe this was one of the chapters that we do see on a day to day basis, and it is important that we recognize these strategies so we don't get trapped and persuaded into buying things we do not need. Most advertisements today make us feel like we need things that we really do not need, rather something we just want or desire. In order to do this, advertisements appeal to our emotions or something within the media. Yes, advertising makes us buy things we do not need, but at the same time, without advertising many companies would not be as big as they are now, or even exist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that I have learned a lot from taking this course that will help me in the future. Marketing strategies and advertisements was an interesting topic to read about as well. Many stores do a great job with advertising and make it seem like you NEED to buy the product. This usually lures a lot of people to buy the product even if they don't need it, including myself. But also agreeing with the person above, businesses wouldn't be able to be as big as they are now without advertising. Overall, I think advertising is an important concept to have for businesses if they want to be successful.

    ReplyDelete